CONSUMER PRODUCT SAFETY ALERT
CAUTION: Moveable goals can tip over and cause severe injury.
GOALS MUST BE ANCHORED!!!
Moveable soccer goals can fall over, injure, and even kill children who climb on them or hang from the crossbar. Since 1990, the commission has worked with the Coalition to Promote Soccer Goal Safety and the Soccer Industry Council of America to address the risks presented by these soccer goals. Their goal is to make moveable goals safe and more stable. The Commission and the Coalition strongly recommend that soccer coaches, school officials and soccer field maintenance personnel prevent goals from falling over by anchoring goals to the ground. They should chain goals to a fence or permanent structure when not in use and warn students not to climb on goals.
FOLLOW THESE SAFETY SUGGESTIONS/GUIDELINES:
- Securely anchor or counter weight moveable goals at all times. Never climb on the net or goal framework.
- Remove nets when goals are not in use.
- Always anchor or chain goals to nearby fence posts, dugouts, or any other similar sturdy fixture when not in use.
- Check all connecting hardware before every use. Replace damaged or missing fasteners immediately.
- Ensure safety labels are clearly visible.
- Fully disassemble goals for seasonal storage.
- Always exercise extreme caution when moving goals.
- Always instruct players on the safe handling of and potential dangers associated with moveable goals.